Saturday, May 3, 2008

Cover Letter

  • Thank you for your consideration. Hope to hear from you shorty!"

  • "Enclosed is a ruff draft of my resume."

  • "I saw your ad on the information highway, and I came to a screeching halt."

  • "Please disregard the attached resume -- it is terribly out of date."

  • "It's best for employers that I not work with people."

  • "Insufficient writing skills, thought processes have slowed down some. If I am not one of the best, I will look for another opportunity."

  • "If this resume doesn't blow your hat off, then please return it in the enclosed envelope."

  • "My fortune cookie said, 'Your next interview will result in a job' -- and I like your company in particular."

  • "You hold in your hands the resume of a truly outstanding candidate!"

  • "I am sicking and entry-level position."

  • "Here are my qualifications for you to overlook."

  • "I am a quick leaner, dependable, and motivated."

  • "I am relatively intelligent, obedient, and as loyal as a puppy."

  • "Note: Keep this resume on top of the stack. Use all the others to heat your house."

  • "I don't usually blow my own horn, but in this case, I will go right ahead and do so."

  • "I need just enough money to have pizza every night."

  • "My compensation should be at least equal to my age."

  • "I'm submitting my resume to spite my lack of C++ and HTML experience."

  • "My primary goal is to be recognized."

  • "Below are the top 10 reasons to hire me."

  • "My salary requirement is $34 per year."

  • "I'll need $30K to start, full medical, three weeks vacation, stock options and ideally a European sedan."

  • "I am superior to anyone else you could hire."

  • "I vow to fulfill the goals of the company as long as I live."

  • "Although I am seeking an accounting job, the fact that I have no actual experience in accounting may seem discouraging. However..."

  • "I realize that my total lack of appropriate experience may concern those considering me for employment."

  • "I worked here full-time there."

  • "I'll starve without a job but don't feel you have to give me one."

  • "You are privileged to receive my resume."